Foundation “Cluster Information and Communication Technologies” was created in 2005 by representatives of the Bulgarian ICT business. Acting as an umbrella organization of Bulgaria ICT Industry, ICT Cluster has 10 members ( ICT associations and ICT clusters), which includes more than 280 ICT SME from different segments of the ICT Industry and 6 Bulgarian technical universities.
ICT Cluster is a strategic cluster initiative of Bulgarian ICT business. The mission of the organization is to increase the competitiveness of Bulgarian ICT industry by support of ICT SME growth, promotion of ICT cluster excellence and creation of new business opportunities through cross- border, cross-industry and cross-cluster collaboration.
ICT Cluster activities are aligned with the following goals:
- Promotion of cluster approach and cluster excellence as a tool to increase the competitive of Bulgarian ICT SME;
- Support of industrial transformation and development of emerging industries by using ICT in Bulgaria and the region;
- Facilitate entrepreneurship, foundation of business skills, supporting establishment of national system for technology risk financing;
- Creation of new global business opportunities across regions, industries, borders, and continents;
- Boosting technology transfer, Innovations and R&D development in Bulgaria;